EVA Consumer Behaviour Report 2015
EVA is an organization
The Vending segment of the food industry is quite unknown by many, but it does have interesting aspects and potential for those willing to invest time and efforts in it. So for those who thought of a nice lady named EVA when reading the title of this article, think again. EVA is the European Vending Association, a non-profit organization established in 1994. It represents the interests of the European coffee service and vending industry vis-à-vis the European Institutions and other relevant authorities or bodies.
The report: Automatic Coffee, Drinks, and Snacks Machines - Consumer Behavior Report 2015
One of the activities of the European Vending Association is monitoring the trends of the industry. So in 2015, EVA commissioned CANADEAN to conduct a survey into the behavior of consumers in relation to vending and professional coffee machines.
The report, conducted in eleven countries, is giving insights about several aspects of the vending business a.o.: consumption behavior for both cold beverages & snack machines and hot beverage machines, drivers for and barriers against using chilled vending machines, attitudes of consumers with regards to hot beverage machines in their work environment…
- Water is the number 1 item purchased from chilled vending machines
- 58% of European consumers use chilled vending machines at least once a week
- Average spending per person at a chilled vending machine: 3,98€
- 3 out of 4 consumers prefer to use a chilled vending machine in the afternoon
- 1 out of 5 drink at least 5 hot beverages a day
- 30% of Europeans wish to see a wider variety of products in vending machines
In another article I’ll try to gather a bit more information on the vending industry itself. Also don’t miss My 20/CENT on the visit of the Vending, Take Away and Pizza Benelux fair in Brussels soon.
More info on the report: www.vending-europe.eu/en/consumer--market-reports/European Vending AssociationVendingReportTrendTendanceCanadeanVending&barista