Overview of SIMA 2022
SIMA is back after a long absence. It has been three years as the last one took place in February 2019. Indeed, there was the crisis related to Covid, but also a decision by the organization to change the date of the show. A change that is part of the desire of SIMA to make itself more modern and more in line with the agricultural industry of today.
The new outline of SIMA
Let's review what you can expect at this next edition, as well as the points that will shape SIMA from now on:
First of all, the positioning of the show is broader and more modern. Instead of being just a machine show, you should think of the event as a farm solutions show.
This change goes hand in hand with a different logo and tagline. The objective is to concretize the repositioning of SIMA as an international exhibition for sustainable, technological and modern agriculture.
The date has also been changed as stated above. From now on, the event will take place in November of even years, rather than in February of odd years.
The events of the 2022 edition
- SIMA Tech in Hall 6, a space for all innovations and technologies. About 150 exhibitors including many startups and a robotics village
- An area for organic agriculture with RDV Tech&BIO by SIMA
- Competitions :
- The Innovation Awards: competition for exhibitors' innovations
- The Sima Farming Award: a new award to reward farmers who demonstrate an innovative and sustainable approach
- And partnerships with associations to provide content in the form of conferences and seminars
The 2022 edition will also be the centenary of the event. A celebration will be organized to remember what happened in the last hundred years and to see some perspectives on the next years to come.
The number of visitors expected is difficult to predict. But it is certain that with the efforts made by the organization, and given that the professionals of the sector have the need to meet, it is expected that this edition of the centennial will be a success.