The vending industry shows signs of recovery from pandemic
The European Vending & Coffee Association (EVA) recently published a new report which demonstrates an in-depth look into the pace of the recovery of the European industry since the start of the pandemic.
The latest report from EVA shows a few interesting facts about the state of the industry and his recovery. Here are a few random insights from this publication:
- The total number of machines across Europe has climbed to 4.4 million
- Italian market again counts the largest field base with more than 818,000 machines.
- Micromarkets number almost 5,000 across Europe and are showing impressive year-on-year growth.
- The German market revenue is €2.5 billion, an increase of 5% from 2020 and the largest market by revenue.
- Blistering compound growth in Ukraine from 2016-21 (of 15% for machine numbers and 20% in revenue) needs of course read in context of the current ongoing and devastating war.
- The underlying growth trends in Poland remain strong as one of the outstanding areas of industry potential. These trends continue with 7% growth in machine fieldbase and almost 20% in revenue compared to last year.
- The average selling price for a hot beverage has risen by 4.7%
So far, the market recovers but is not yet at the pre-pandemic levels. While there is a small growth in the number of machines, there are bigger rises in both the total number of vends as well as a big increase in product revenue compared to 2020, helped by a jump in prices and consumption. Nevertheless, both the vends and revenue remain well below those seen in 2019, and clearly demonstrates that full recovery will take some time yet.
If you want more info about EVA or wish to check out the full report, you can send your request to: email@example.com
VendingEuropean Vending And Coffee Service AssociationReportMarket DataInsightsDistribution Automatique