Delhaize parking lots turn into local markets
Buying local is a trend that has become more and more popular in recent years, and most retailers have opened their doors, or should I say their shelves, to local producers.
Last year, Delhaize already campaigned for its local suppliers by temporarily taking the name BELhaize. This year, the company is doing it again and launches a new concept: the BELhaize local market.
It is worth noting that local is a strong concept at Delhaize. Today, every store has no less than 70% fresh products of Belgian origin in its assortment.
In short, the campaign aims to draw attention to the 1,600 Belgian producers who work with the group. During the months of April to July, some 20 supermarket parking lots will be transformed into local markets.
Face-to-face and digital
During these different events, local producers and farmers will present their local assortment in order to give more explanations about their cooperation with Delhaize, their products and their history.
And for those producers who cannot attend, a digital solution is planned. Via QR codes, customers and consumers who wish to do so will have the opportunity to pay a virtual visit to the absent producers.
For those who are interested, you can find the schedule below:
- Saturday 30/04 Delhaize Genval & Wavre
- Saturday 7/05 Delhaize Wondelgem & Dendermonde
- Saturday 14/05 Delhaize Mons & Ath
- Saturday 21/05 Delhaize Houthalen
- Saturday 5/28 Delhaize Bouffioulx & Falisolle
- Saturday 4/06 Delhaize Wilrijk & St Katelijne Waver
- Saturday 11/06 Delhaize Embourg & Aywaille
- Saturday 18/06 Delhaize Water sports & Oudenaarde
- Saturday 6/25 Delhaize Arlon
- Saturday 2/07 Delhaize Alsemberg & Kessel lo
- Saturday 09/07 Delhaize Waterloo & Leopold III
I would like to recommend the one in Genval where you can also visit the wine department of the store. In my opinion, it is certainly one of the best kept wine departments in our Belgian kingdom.