ISM 2022 is confirmed
As mentioned in my last 20/CENT Mood, some tradeshow organizers have decided to live with the pandemic and here is a great example with ISM. In a few days the international sweets and snacks industry will meet up again at the Cologne fair grounds from 30 January to 2 February 2022 after a two-year break. Around 1,200 exhibitors from more than 60 countries are expected.
Sabine Schommer, Director ISM is like anyone in the industry looking forward to the event: "As the leading industry meeting point, our top priority is to ensure that the re-start is as safe as possible for the industry. At the same time, we want to set new accents with new themes in the scope of our event and congress programme. Lectures by experts, special events, start-up pitches and award ceremonies are just a few of the highlights the visitors can look forward to at ISM."
As usual, the show will offer several dedicated spaces with a few classics and a newcomer.
- New Product Showcase: a place fort the most innovative products and an award for the three most innovative ones
- Trend Court dedicated to the theme trends within the sweets industry.
- The Halal Market : ISM 2022 is once again addressing this theme and will be offering an overview of the Halal sweets and snacks segment along with the trends and new products of this section
- Conference and congresses: a few conferences and seminars will be hightlighting the rtrends of the industry The two main ones to mention are those held by Innova Market Insights and Euromonitor International, as usual but also #CONNECT2030 in transition – The Future Summit for Sweets and Snacks. This conference will take a look at the future of the sweets and snacks industry and will provide an overview of what is going to be possible in 2030.
- Finally let me mention the newcomer in the dedicated spaces. For the first time Finest Creations - hand-craftedwill be a section focusing on the small volume business. It unites craft establishments, whose visitor target group comprises of confectioners, cake shops and specialised sweet shops.
My 20/CENT on ISM 2022
Obviously in the current context we can expect that the show will be more modest in volume compared to previous years. But like Anuga proved it last October, it is possible to hold international events in a safe way. Also, having visited the Anuga myself, I could tell that in a certain manner, having less volume but more quality contacts is not a bad thing. A visit to such event is still useful and fruitful. You just need to organize yourself and be focused. So, I expect a visit to ISM 2022 will be a must have in the agenda, especially since it’s been two years since the last one.
ISM 2022, from 30 January to 2 February 2022, Koelnmesse, Cologne, Germany, https://www.ism-cologne.com/fair/industry-trade-fairs/