Helping consumers at PLMA 2017
The usual wining recipes
The PLMA organized by the by the Private Label Manufacturers Association will soon open its doors in Amsterdam mid-may. Visitors will be able to see manufacturers and suppliers of fast-moving consumer goods, covering both food and non-food categories.
The theme for this year’s show is “Helping Consumers,” focusing on how retailer brands bring value and innovation to shoppers across Europe and beyond.
- 2,500 exhibiting companies, including nearly 60 national and regional pavilions on the trade show floor
- The exhibition area covers 14 exhibit halls in the RAI
- More than 13,000 buyers and visitors from more than 110 countries
Highlights for 2017
The organizers don’t usually change and the highlights featured at the show are strong showstoppers, which exist for quite some time.
- The award International Salute to Excellence
- PLMA’s Idea Supermarket, where visitors can see displays of the products that won PLMA’s 2017 Salute to Excellence Awards for innovation in private label. Visitors can also see private label ranges from more than 60 retailers around the world displayed on gondolas.
- Also various seminars take place before and during the show.
In my eyes, this show is still quite ‘unsexy’. The website and communication is till very rational after many years of not changing the usual PLMA recipe. Also press section and contacts don’t seem a priority. But at the same time, why change when the numbers of visitors and exhibitors are strong.
It’s been a while and I decided to visit this year. Yes last year I mentioned how unappealing this show sometimes seems to me, but from time to time it’s good to review an opinion. And it’s time to see whether this visit will change my views.
I do have several meetings planned, but if you are there on Tuesday do give me a sign. You never know.
PLMA’s World of Private Label, from 16th till 17th of May 2017, RAI Exhibition Centre, Amsterdam, Netherlands, www.plmainternational.com
PlmaAmsterdamRai AmsterdamPrivate LabelMarque De Distributeur