Vinexpo 2015’s first report and impressions
It was like being there
The organizer of VINEXPO released a first report on this year’s edition. Some of the main remarks can be summed up:
- 2350 exhibitors from 42 countries
- The numbers need to be verified but seems that the amount of visitors was in the line of the edition of 2013.
- Foreign visitors counted for 36% of all visitors, with China leading before US, Spain and Italy
- Highlights of the show
- As mentioned it was the first time I had noticed a fair doing something specifically for bloggers with the DigiZone. And seeing the posts on social media, it seems the initiative reached its target.
- According to the report also, the One2Wine meetings were very appreciated by Chinese and American buyers. More than 1000 meetings were organised through the concept.
- The Vinexpo mobile app was also quite popular with 5000 downloads.
- The organisation was very active on social media: tweets, shares, etc… VINEXPO’s organisation was definitely very active in the five days of the fair. Sadly I couldn’t make it but, the various reports and the very intense communication through the different channels, made it almost like being there. By the way the use of social media in the world of tradeshows will be a topic published soon on these pages.
Anyway, maybe I hope I will be able to make it next time. For all of you who are interested in information on the next events here you go:
- The next VINEXPO in 2017 will take place in Bordeaux on four days instead of five (from Monday to Thursday).
- VINEXPO Hong Kong will take place from 24th of May till 26th of May 2016,
- VINEXPO Tokyo will be organised from November 15 to November 16, 2016.
For more information, visit www.vinexpo.com