SIAL Carousel, next stop is Philippines
As mentioned in previous articles, it seems that a trend in the trade fair business is to start satellites or spin-offs of your main event all over the globe.
Another good example of this trend is the SIAL ASEAN launched in 2014. The second edition of the show will take place from 17th till 19th of June in Manila. The trade fair aims retailers, wholesalers, importers… just to name a few. Also the event will be co-located with Mafbex.
About the show
- 300 exhibitors from 19 countries
- 7,500 visitors from 33 countries
About ASEAN and Philippines
- ASEAN stands for Association of South East Asian Nations
- It was formed in 1967.
- Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines and Thailand were the five founding countries
- Brunei, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam are now also part of the association.
- GDP per person tripled in ASEAN between 1994 and 2011, with an increasing demand for imported food & beverage products
- Philippines’s population is expected to reach 600 million by the end of 2014 and the growing middle class is expected to reach 85 million people by 2017.
SIAL ASEAN, from 17th till 19th of June 2015, World Trade Center Metro Manila (WTCMM), Manila, Philippines,http://www.sial-group.com/The-SIAL-GROUP/SIAL-Group-exhibitions/SIAL-ASEAN-the-ASEAN-Food-Marketplace