BIOFACH America Latina, Four days for the organic industry in Latin America
The Brazilian organic sector gets to be in the spotlights at the next BIO BRAZIL FAIR | BIOFACH AMERICA LATINA. The fair will take place from 10th till 13th of June in Sao Paulo.
The event is aimed at the professionals of the organic sector. However, the last two days of the fair are also open to the public.
In terms of exhibitors, one can find various players of the organic industry active in: agriculture and marketing, basic food, raw materials, fruit, vegetables, delicatessen, health food, spices, convenience products, meat, sausages, fish, milk, dairy products, eggs, frozen food, baked products, Drinks, Media and services; Natural product, wellness products, gifts, accessories, bath, toilet articles, drugstore articles and housing and even natural textiles.
Maria Valle, Director Exhibitions BIOFACH AMERICA LATINA at NürnbergMesse Brazil emphasizes that many trends will be presented to the visitors, as well as both food and non-food categories: “The visitors at this year’s BIO BRAZIL FAIR | BIOFACH AMERICA LATINA can look forward to numerous new product trends and proven organic products. A large selection of clothing made using ecologically produced materials, jewelry produced from natural materials; natural cosmetics and cleaning agents will also be shown. In this connection, BIO BRAZIL FAIR | BIOFACH AMERICA LATINA is another important date in the calendar for international organic trade fairs, always with the aim of improving business possibilities for organic goods producers and buyers from all over the world.“
- 89 Exhibitors (according to the available exhibitor’s list)
- The billing of the Brazilian organic market in 2012 was approximately 727 million US dollars
What are the features you can find?
Obviously, visitors will be able to attend lectures, meetings and seminars related to the organics sector.
- The International Agriculture Organic and Sustainable Forum: (10th and 11th of June) National and international speakers will present Important development in the sector. The keynote speaker is agriculture ecologist Rogério Dias who will be talking about the Brazilian organic market.
- Organized business meetings: meetings organized between buyers and organic food producers
- Naturaltech: this event is parallel to the fair. This show presents producers and suppliers of functional foods, probiotics, whole-grain, diet and vegetarian products, light foods, food supplements…just to name a few.
The numbers confirm that this show is like the Organic market in Brazil. There is still a lot of potential to be exploited.
The fair is also part of the BIOFACH network, so in terms of organization there is a certain quality in the content and the routine. Actually checking out fair networks and their satellites, …that could be a good article one day.