THAIFEX-World of Food Asia another event supported by ANUGA
Anuga strikes again as conceptual sponsor
Asia is a major continent with still lots of untapped potential. So no wonder that after ANUFOOD Eurasia, IIDE in India, this week we see another event where ANUGA is a conceptual sponsor. THAIFEX-World of Food Asia will open its doors in Bangkok from 20th till 24th of May.
It is interesting to note that the five days are divided for both professional (20, 21 and 22) and public visitors (23 and 24).
Another interesting fact is that not just one, but four trade events are taking place in Bangkok with also the events: World of Seafood, World of Coffee & Tea, World of FoodService.
Key figures and facts
- Around 70,000 sqm of exhibition space (+15% compared to last edition)
- More than 30.000 visitors from 125 countries
- 1.500 exhibitors, representing 35 countries
- Under the umbrella of THAIFEX – World of Food Asia, 300 exhibitors are hosted for World of Coffee & Tea, World of FoodService and for World of Seafood
- Product zones: Alcohol-free/Dairy Drinks, Alcoholic Drinks, Fine Food, Foodservice, Food Technology, Frozen Food, Fruits and Vegetables, Grocery, Halal, Health and Organic, Meat and Poultry, Ready to Eat, Retail and Franchise, Rice and Rice Products, Seafood, Sweets & Confectionery
The not to miss events
- Global Chefs Challenge: Worldchefs is a global network of chefs that represents 10 million chefs in over 100 countries worldwide. This event is the Asia selection of a competition divided in three categories: the Global Chefs, the Global Pastry Chefs and the Hans Bueschkens Young Chefs Challenge. The champion will represent his or her Continent at the finals at the Worldchefs Congress 2016 in Athens.
- Thailand Ultimate Chef Challenge: (4th edition) the challenge consists in themed preparation, fancy plating and timed competitions. Participants Chefs are expected from more than 13 countries
- Asian Food Franchising Forum: This forum brings together franchisors, franchisees, licensees, and entrepreneurs for an intensive session on the latest developments and opportunities in the food franchise industry
- World of Food Safety Conference: regional and international experts from food and beverage manufacturing, processing, producing & retailing, will gather to exchange ideas, innovative solutions, and share best practices
- Boncafe Seminars: Boncafe will share recipes of frappes, smoothies and mocktails.
- Celebrity coffee bar: (with ASEAN Coffee Federation) eight newly-crowned baristas are expected to share their specialty brew and experience
- ‘Out of the Box’ by La Marzocco: this concept has been held in different cities already (Stockholm, Athens, Berkeley, Milan)
- SCAE Certified Coffee Training: training on techniques to select and roast coffee beans, organized by SCAE
Well here again a satellite of Anuga who is spreading his tentacles all over the continents. To my knowledge no tentacle is in the Americas, am I right? Well I expect it’s coming.
For the rest, the numbers are there, the variety of events, the exotic side as it is set in South East Asia… all elements to make it an event worth visiting.
THAIFEX-World of Food Asia, from 20th till 24th of May 2015, IMPACT Exhibition Center, Bangkok, Thailand, www.worldoffoodasia.com