Seafood Expo Global 2014
Diversified Communications the organizer of its 22nd edition of Seafood Expo Global and 16th edition of Seafood Processing Global, was very pleased with this year’s exhibition’s performance. The exposition, which took place last month at the BRUSSELS EXPO in Belgium, attracted decision makers from around the globe and across the seafood industry to the city of Brussels for three days of business and networking opportunities.
Seafood Expo Global in numbers
- more than 25,840 buyers and sellers in total,
- visitors from 150 countries
- 1,721 exhibiting companies from 77 countries
- 75 countries were represented in national and regional pavilions, including new representation from Japan and Libya.
“We are thrilled to see the exposition grow and expand over the years. This year alone, exhibits increased more than 1,160 square meters and we’ve seen an impressive nine-percent increase in visitor attendance over last year. The continued growth shows that meeting face-to-face matters to the seafood community, and that Brussels remains a central location for doing business in the global seafood industry,” said Liz Plizga, Show Director for Diversified Communications.
The exposition partnered this year with VISITBRUSSELS to enhance visitors and exhibitors’ experience in the city by offering a series of special services such as a shared taxi program, hotel discounts and concierge service.
Seafood Prix d’Elite
For it’s 14th anniversary, the Seafood Prix d’Elite New Product Competition awarded innovative seafood companies with special awards in several categories including the best new foodservice and best new retail products.
- Kermarée of Blainville-sur-Mer, France took the top award for Best New Retail with, Coffret Plateau de Fruits de Mer.
- In the foodservice category, the top prize was given to Vilsund Blue of Nykøbing, Denmark for its product, Mussel Powder.
Next year’s Seafood Expo Global and Seafood Processing Global will take place 21-23 April 2015, at the BRUSSELS EXPO in Brussels, Belgium.
www.seafoodexpo.com/global.SeafoodDiversified CommunicationsBrussels ExpoFoodInternational