Asia welcomes SIAL
Touchdown in Shanghai
Recently it was Canada, and this week it’s China’s turn to welcome the SIAL carousel. From 6Th to 8th of May, SIAL China will open its doors in Shanghai. The fair aims to be the major event for the food industry in the region and attract professionals such as buyers, manufacturers, importers, just to name a few.
Visitors will be able to discover innovations, and trends in the various product zones: wine, meat, gourmet, tea and coffee, fruit and vegetables, chocolate, halal food, condiments, canned food, frozen food, dairy product, organic food, packaging, seafood, sweet & snack, olive oil
Key figures for this year’s edition
- 21 categories of diverse food inspirations & products
- 2,734 exhibitors (so better than 2014 with 2385 exhibiting companies)
- The organizer expects over 55,000 visitors
- Over 96,000 sqm. Exhibition space
- USA is the Guest Country of Honor, while the province of Heilongjiang is the Guest Province of Honor
The usual events found on SIAL
As customary, organizers have foreseen to enhance the exhibition with some dedicated spaces and events.
- La Cuisine by SIAL: some innovative culinary demonstrations sponsored by exhibitors’ products
- SIAL Innovation: the 11th edition already, showcasing the markets trends
- Retail & Hospitality Forum: one-to-one meetings for visitors to exchange information
- China National Specialty Tea Brewers Cup Event: revolving around the Tea universe (Story, brewing, traditions…)
- After SIAL Party ( by invitation only): a networking party at a prestigious place.
- Chocolate World: playing on the demand for high-end chocolate and showcasing top chocolate brands
- The Fresh – Right Seafood Right Wine: collaboration between SIAL China and CAPPMA. It is a cooking event serving for food materials like seafood.
- SIAL – Best Buy China Competition: 16th edition, in partnership with WINE100. For the Wine lovers, it is a selection of the best value for money wine, exhibited in SIAL WINE WORLD
My 20/Cent on the event
The SIAL Network is using more and more the same recipe on the different events they organize. Obviously, you don’t change a winning recipe, which is logical.
Let’s also point the fact that wine gets a special attention with SIAL Wine World. It is totally in line with the expansion of the wine market in the region. Let’s not forget China recently became the second biggest vineyard in the world after Spain.
Sadly it’s a bit far for me, but I know professionals who went as exhibitors or visitors. It is of course not the same as the mother event of Paris, but it seems it is definitely interesting if you are looking for opportunities in China or the region.
SIAL China, from 6th till 8th of May 2015, Shanghai New International Expo Centre, Shanghai, China. http://www.sialchina.com/index.html