ISM is at your door
Edition number 48
A very international affair
The 48th ISM will take place in Cologne once again from 28 to 31 January 2018. The field of participants, comprising of around 1,600 exhibitors, will be presenting themselves and countless new products in Cologne. Boasting an 86 percent share of foreign exhibitors and 62 percent share of foreign visitors, this tradeshow is definitely a very international event.
To give you a better scope of this internationalism, you just need to see that next to the obvious dominant German and Belgian pavilions (yes Belgium is one of the biggest exhibiting countries at ISM), visitors will also be able to get in touch with exhibitors from Armenia, Guatemala, Iceland, Bulgaria, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Great Britain, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Austria, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland, Singapore, Spain, the Czech Republic, Turkey, the Ukraine and even Nepal for the first time. In total the exhibitors will come from around 60 countries.
What’s not to miss?
- The ISM Expert Stage: is supposed to be exciting entertainment. Industry experts will voice their opinions on various topics, highlight current trends and surveys and provide insights into successful concepts.
- The experts from Innova Market Insights will also present and explain current product trends. That’s always one of my favorite features.
- The ISM Award: will be conferred again for exceptional services to the sweets and snacks industry. This year it goes to Dylan Lauren, founder and proprietor of Dylan's Candy Bar
- And don’t forget the New Product Showcase. An award selected by the visitors,
- As well as the ISM Packaging Award powered by ProSweets Cologne the international supplier fair for the sweets and snacks industry, held parallel to ISM
My 20/CENT on ISM
Yearly, the ISM is always a great classic to start your international trade fair tour. As mentioned in previous posts, it is in my opinion an unmissable event if you are in the sweets and snacks industry. But also, it is always a great event to get an impression on the state of business in food retail in general. This is probably due to the international aspect of the event.
On top of all that, Belgium is always well represented and as it organized by the Koelnmesse you can expect a smooth event. So I never see an excuse not to go visit this show.
Hopefully I’ll see you there.
ISM, from 28th till 31st of January 2018, Koelnmesse, Cologne, Germany, www.ism-cologne.com