Anuga Anno 2017
Ten trade shows under one roof
It is October, the days get colder, the days get shorter but in food retail it also means we have a big event coming up: the Anuga. As mentioned in previous years, it is one of my favorite shows to attend as it covers so many categories, so many topics and is more than just a simple showcase of exhibitors.
The concept of ten trade shows under one roof is still one of the main characteristics with: Anuga Meat, Anuga Fine Food, Anuga Frozen Food, Anuga Chilled and Fresh Food, Anuga Bread and Bakery, Anuga Dairy, Anuga Drinks, Anuga Organic, Anuga Hot Beverages and Anuga Culinary Concepts.
In 2017 the show will welcome
- Over 7100 exhibitors from more than countries
- Over 150000 visitors from more than 180 countries
Not to miss
So what are the main features this year at Anuga
- India is the partner country: every edition puts one country at the center stage. This year it is India with its vast potential market and this year with 111 exhibitors
- The E-Grocery Congress: on Tuesday 10th of October the first edition of this event will be held in Cologne. The concept is that sooner or later, the global food trade will experience a shift more towards the Internet. At this conference, industry players from China, the UK, Germany and the USA will discuss the food trade of the future and report about their national markets, solutions and visions.
- Taste: the awards recognizing the best innovations of exhibitors
- The Trend Zone: a dedicated space where Innova Market Insights showcases the trends of the industry during short thirty minutes presentations.
My 20/CENT on Anuga
Dear regular readers, do I still need to convince you? You all know my opinion towards the main event of October: either Sial or Anuga, if you are active in the food retail industry, you have to visit the show. Networking is of course essential, but also the discovery of new trends and innovations.
This year at Anuga I salute the link to ecommerce with the first edition of the E-Grocery Congress. But also I will not forget to make a tour and see if the innovation vintage of 2017 is inspired. Definitely I will check out the trend zone as it becomes a regular stop and Innova Market Insight has the tendency to deliver good presentations. And finally I will also enjoy the city, as one should when visiting Cologne.
So hope to see you there.
Anuga, from 7th till 11th of October 2017, Koelnmesse, Cologne, Germany, www.anuga.com
AnugaKoelnmesseCologneFoodInnovationInnova Market Insights