Looking forward to uncork Prowein for the first time
Yep it’s a first for me again. Like EuroShop in the same place, I have never been to ProWein. This year visiting those events is a first for me. So let’s prepare the visit a bit shall we?
To Another Great Year
During three days specialists in the international wine and spirits sector will meet in Dusseldorf for one of the biggest event of the industry. Around 6300 exhibitors are expected and about half of them come from France and Italy. The rest are other main wine producing regions and countries such as Germany, the New World, Spain, Austria, and many more. Interesting to note, Asian winemakers will be present and united thanks to the Asian Wine Producers’ Association.
- Prowein Tasting Areas by Mundus Vini: A selection of around 500 awarded wines from all across the world. Is presented in the central tasting area.
- Fizz Lounge: dedicated to the latest trends in spirits and the new and popular drinks.
- Champagne Lounge: More than 60 selected kinds of champagne from around 40 traditional champagne estates are presented. Another 150 brands of champagne are exhibited on an additional area
- Same But Different: in some sort of forum creative marketing methods will be presented at this space
- Packaging & Design: this exhibition shows the latest visual and haptic solutions
- Prowein Forum: Expert talks, oenological specialist seminars, experience reports from renowned winegrowers and distillers
- Stand events: obviously, country pavilions and other exhibitors will hold different events at their trade fair stands.
My 20/CENT on ProWein
This event is often depicted as one of the most prominent in the wine and spirits industry. And like many big events generated in Europe ProWein is the flagship in a network that now has satellites in other parts of the world (Hong-Kong and Shanghai). Well even with this knowledge I never had the chance to visit. However, this year my agenda’s obligations have changed, so I can go for the first time. Especially Business France invites me personally. So be sure to see coverage of my visit, and a closer look at the French delegation present at the show.
Hopefully, this event will hold to its reputation. But then again, I think it will. Many business contacts confirmed that this is something not to miss. The master classes are at the right professional level, and the offer and variety of exhibitors is abundant. So I guess it will be a busy visit, but a fruitful and tasty one as well.
ProWein, from 19th till 21st of March 2017, Dusseldorf Messe, Dusseldorf, Germany, www.prowein.com