The ISM is coming up
It’s the 47th edition
The trade fair ISM dedicated to sweets and snacks is coming back for another edition in Cologne in a couple of days. The event is held together with Prosweets. Together the events cover the entire value chain of sweets production and sales at the same time and place.
The visitors of ISM will be able to see the latest trends in sweets ands snacks and jut to give you an idea of those, here are a few: Vegetarian and Vegan, also Allergy-friendly, Organic, Fair Trade, Functional, Halal, Private Labels, Artisan Production, Impulse Packing, Kosher, Limited Editions and Sugar-free.
The supporting program and some not to miss events
- The Forum of Sustainable Cocoa: an international circle of experts will discuss the theme "Cocoa Cultivation and Forest Conservation in West Africa - ways to reach a solution".
- Sweet Trends presented by Innova Market Insights: Innova Market Insights is presenting new product trends and the latest developments in the sweets & snacks sector
- The newcomer Area: Twelve industry newcomers will be presenting themselves under a joint roof in Hall 11.1, D 31/E 38. The suppliers come from seven countries this year. The product palette ranges from classic to innovative and trendy.
- New Product Showcase: the place to see the latst innovations from exhibitors
- Sweet Traditions: the traditional exhibition by a group of international design students from the KISD Cologne International School of Design,
- GoodfoodHalal Supermarkt: It’s a premiere at ISM 2017. This concept will be a meeting point for buyers, who want to gain an overview of the offer of Halal products available at ISM.
- ISM Expert Stage: The "ISM Expert Stage" in the Passage between Halls 4 and 5 is an important information hotspot where visitors will be able to attend various seminars and conferences.
My 20/CENT on ISM
Again, for me it’s a classic event, which you shouldn’t miss in the industry. Sadly I won’t be able to attend due to prior engagements and being abroad at the time. But if I could have, I would have definitely been there. This event always shows interesting new innovations, and is always a good barometer for the year to come.