The first edition of veganfach
Beginning of November, Cologne will welcome the vegan world with the first edition of veganfach. The show will take place on 4th and 5th of November in the Koelnmesse.
Open to all
The trade fair aims to attract both end consumers and professionals, meaning that this is not just a B2B event.
There will be approximately 100 exhibitors covering not only nutrition. The show will also present vegan products from all areas of daily life. So visitors will be able to discover: food and beverages, cosmetics, fashion and accessories, food service, the hotel trade and tourism, as well as kitchen appliances, household goods, home textiles and furniture.
Speaking of visitors, the organizers intend to attract around 10.000 people, which for a first edition is quite reasonable.
Probably a point worth mentioning is that among the exhibitors, 23% of them are international coming from countries such as Belgium, Bulgaria, Greece, the United Kingdom, Italy, the Netherlands, Austria, Poland, Russia, Slovenia and the Czech Republic.
The experience and animations
- Direct sales: will be taking place on the exhibition area. So exhibitors should be able to recover their investment quite quickly, especially if they manage to also attract professional visitors.
- Start-up Areas: Young companies will also present innovative products in three start-up areas.
- Pro forum Vegan: For trade visitors, veganfach will start on Friday morning with an exclusive "pro forum Vegan" in partnership with the out-of-home media of the dfv media group (gv-praxis, food-service, FoodService Europe & Middle East). These conferences are oriented to companies and managers in the out-of-home market at all stages, from manufacturing through operative to consulting.
- Vegan Innovation Award: a jury from the Vegan society of Germany will give out a prize to some innovative products
- Vegan Living: an area dedicated to the interior and design for your home
- Vegan Child Zone: a program for children.
- Green Sofa: lectures, demos and more presented by chefs and other vegan personalities.
My 20/CENT on veganfach
It’s a first edition, but the numbers seem to be interesting already. With 100 exhibitors it is not a huge fair, but it starts steadily.
Also one must notice that in terms of concept, the content of the show shouldn’t disappoint. There are several events such as seminars and forums, and the organizers didn’t only focus on a nutrition point of view. They made sure the offer represents the entire vegan lifestyle with also cosmetics, fashion or accessories just to name a few examples.
Last but not least, I like the sense of details with even the kids getting their program.
Veganfach, from 4th till 5th of November 2016, Koelnmesse, Cologne, Germany,VeganfachCologneKoelnmesseGermanyFoodLifestyleVegan