Augmented retail is waiting at Paris Retail Week.
The theme this year: augmented retail
Last year, Ecommerce Paris and Digital instore by Equipmag were joined to create Paris Retail Week. This year, for the second time the event will take place in Paris from 12th till 14th of September. Note that this year the fusion will be between Equipmag and Ecommerce Paris (since Equipmag and Digital Instore alternate with each other).
Paris Retail Week is dedicated to the retail ecosystem, off- and online. The show is a good mix of conferences and a trade fair with several exhibitors active in domains such as ecommerce, digitalisation, POS concepts…
Last year the event attracted
- Around 31500 visitors
- About 600 exhibitors
This year’s event will welcome over 1000 exhibitors and more than 50.000 visitors are expected.
This year’s theme
Augmented retail has been chosen as the main theme for this year’s event. It makes sense since retail offers more and more tailor made services to their hyper connected customers. Nowadays, customers and retailers are getting closer to each other in what one can describe almost as a symbiotic relationship.
Be sure not to miss
Paris Retail Week will offer its visitors several events, topics, keynotes and more. Make sure you organise your agenda well.
- Keynotes: international experts sharing their views and strategic vision on various current trends and issues.
- Special Sessions and workshops: will also take place
- Ateliers Solutions: Described by the organisers as kind of a toolbox for the visitor. Several services and offers will be presented around themes such as technology, Digital marketing, Customer Experience…
- Start-up villages: Both Equipmag and Ecommerce will present in a dedicated area the latest and most innovative start-up businesses in bricks and clicks.
- The Ecommerce Awards: 10 awards for concepts both online and offline. In the past, some of the previous winners could use this award as a tool to convince investors after their victory.
- Re-imagine Shopper UX: a dedicated space presenting the future of Customer Experience
- Lighting Spirit: a showcase of intelligent lighting in stores
- The Shoot truck: an online platform to find your online photographers
- A social wall: a place for visitors to rest, connect and recharge their mobile batteries.
- Focus Job: an area for recruiters and candidates to meet
- Store visits: Once again a tour is organised for those who want to discover different concepts in the streets of Paris.
My 20/CENT on Paris Retail Week
Last year’s event had a few glitches of a first timer. But those were easily forgotten as I remember how the content was interesting (which is to me one of the key aspect of such event). So if you visit, pay attention to be on time to see the Keynotes and get a seat. But for the rest you will be able to appreciate good content on topics such as the digitalisation, the developments of ecommerce, trends future and current in retail and many more.
Also what I like about Paris Retail Week’s communication is the online website/blog. It is well maintained, updated regularly and is a perfect example of a trend I predicted concerning trade fairs. It helps to make Paris Retail Week a concept that lives through the entire year, and not just for three days in September.
Finally, I won’t forget to mention that for those who can, try to visit both Paris Retail Week and DMEXCO in Cologne.
If you are going, don’t hesitate to give me a sign if you want to meet up.
EcommerceParis Retail WeekParisDigitalPosComexposiumConceptDigitalisation