The biggest DMEXCO ever is coming up.
For the first times 5 halls will be necessary
Last year I discovered the event and was pleasantly surprised by the organization and the content of the conferences. This year, DMEXCO comes back on 14th and 15th of September and the organizers announce impressive numbers as more than 1000 exhibitors will be present. The event is a mix of an exhibition and conferences around the digital economy.
This year’s theme is “Digital is everything — not every thing is digital”.
A few numbers for the fans
- More than 1000 exhibitors
- More than 50 percent of the exhibitors will come from outside Germany in 2016
- Around 40.000 visitors
What should you look forward to?
DMEXCO is active all year round with satellites and other networking events. During the two days of the show in Cologne, you can discover many dedicated areas and activities.
- Start-up village: where startup SME’s can present their new innovative ideas.
- a new VR & drone area,
- World of Experience: New themes on the fairground where visitors will discover the multifaceted application areas of virtual reality. There will be a drone area as well so you can discover how drones will be bringing brands and consumers closer to each other. Also you will learn about content, developments and marketing opportunities in the dominant field of digital video.
- Satellites: Events by dmexco in different cities in the world all year round. London, Zurich, Vienna, Stockholm, Paris…are some of the stops where the organizers focus on networking and dialogue with potential exhibitors. The dmexco Satellites are conducted together with local partners.
- Night Talks: These networking events aim to offer the digital industry an opportunity prior to DMEXCO to address the latest industry themes and to meet with relevant brands.
- Dmexco party: at the end of the first day, there will be a huge party. Music, dance, DJ, … it is a perfect example that the organizers also focus on the fun aspects around the event
- Spotify after party: There will be a Spotify session and an after party with a live performance by Zara Larsson
- VIP Events: Three main events for the VIP’s
- VIP Opening: a kick-off networking event for an exclusive circle of thought leaders, influencers and visionaries, which takes place the day before DMEXCO starts.
- Cologne Club: a five star executive lunch for VIP’s invited by Christian Muche and Frank Schneider.
- Cologne Breakfast: an exclusive breakfast for special gests, in order to start the second day.
- The BVDW Guided Tours: guided tour given by an expert of a specific topic for an entire hour. The topics are varied, for example: Connected Commerce, Content Marketing and Storytelling, Customer Journey, …
My 20/CENT on DMEXCO
It’s a pretty impressive event, which attracts quite a crowd. If you want to blend in here is a tip: take your tablet, take your laptop and sometimes take a break to work on it. The sides of the Halls and the Boulevard of the Koelnmesse are filled with people hooked on their screens. But to be fair, during conferences I saw some of these screen addicts just using their mobile devices to check the football results or play Candy Crush. I guess this year Pokémon might be a new craze. We will see.
Nevertheless, more seriously, the event is very well organized: shuttles, registration, even Wi-Fi…are all almost perfect. In terms of exhibitors, it is sometimes hard to find a space but many of the big names are there with giants such as Spotify, Facebook, Google, Salesforce…
But more importantly the keynotes and the presentations are numerous, varied, and cover tons of different topics. So you can be a novice or a specialist, you will definitely find something for you on the agenda.
Finally, I won’t forget to mention that for those who can afford in their agenda, try to visit both DMEXCO and Paris Retail Week.
For those going, don’t hesitate to give me a sign if you want to meet up.
DMEXCO, from 14th till 15th of September 2016, Koelnmesse, Cologne, Germany, www.dmexco.com