ExpoVinis Brasil opens its doors for the twentieth time
A prominent place on the agenda
The organizer likes to announce how many efforts have been made in the last years to make ExpoVinis Brasil one of the most prominent wine events globally, and certainly in South America. The numbers look indeed interesting, but also the side activities show that this fair is a well-designed one.
Yearly, the trade fair attracts professionals of the wine industry: National and International Wine Producers, Importers, Exporters, Distributors, Representatives, Wine Machinery and Equipment producers, Wine Accessories suppliers, and many more.
Key figures of last edition
In 2015 the show attracted
- 430 exhibiting brands
- More than 10000 visitors from 17 countries
- Approximately 5.500 labels
The features this year
- Premium Tastings: these are sessions with specialists and professionals who demonstrate the characteristics of the featured wines. Note that the sessions are in Portuguese, without simultaneous translation
- Dr Wine: specially designed for beginners. Consultants are available to advise and give tips to professional beginners in order for them to design the best wines offers for their restaurants, pizzerias and bars.
- Business Round Tables: a matching area bringing buyers and pre-selected exhibitors together
- The Top Ten: Taking place since 2006, the awards are given to the most significant wines of the event in 10 categories (a.o. Brazilian White Wine, Imported White Wine, Brazilian Sparkling Wine,…)
- Wine Blog Hunter: Bloggers of the country spread on the fair literally hunting the best wines in different categories
My 20/CENT on ExpoVinis Brasil
To claim a prominent position on the international level of the wine industry, a trade show must feature business events, professional tastings, matching tools for buyers. Furthermore a show is not only about numbers, but also about the side activities that allow you to learn, network and make business. Looking at the list of events ExpoVinis Brasil manages to find the right balance. On top of that, the trade fair manages to engage on the latest trend of involving bloggers.
So it seems that the organizer is allowed to boast a little as this event ticks many boxes on the ‘must have’ list.
Expovinis Brazil, 14th till 16th of June 2016, Expo Center Norte, Sao Paulo, Brazil, www.expovinis.com.br/en