Tavola 2016 and its main pavilions
It’s an opportunity for SME’s
To many international trade fairs, you can associate the presence of national or regional pavilions. For small and medium sized companies, getting a booth at an international event can be quite an investment. And I am not talking only about the financial aspects, but also about the time and logistics you need to organize. So for those companies looking to expand their business on an international level, joining their region or country pavilion is definitely an advantage.
- The registration is easier as you can deal with someone from your own country
- Parts of the logistics are taken care off. The national or regional office will guide you with the rest by providing assistance if necessary.
- It is often less costly (some countries would provide subsidies)
- In terms of visibility, the head office will often try to invite local buyers
- And organize specific networking events aimed to help the exhibitors to meet local professionals
Tavola welcomes several regional and national pavilions
In the spirit of going deeper on these pages into certain events, I thought it would be interesting to have a look at a few of the regions and countries represented at Tavola 2016:
- UKTI Belgium’s team is welcoming a few entrepreneurs and SME’s who will showcase some fine foods and gourmet products. The companies composing the selection are: The Original Buxton Pudding Company (puddings and cakes), Croome Cuisine Ltd (cheese), Cocofina (coconut products for drinking, snacking, cooking and baking), West Country Fine Food Producers (gourmet and fine foods from local producers in England’s West Country), Sim’s (Asian snacks), The Good Carb Food Company (granola based products), Braehead foods (fine foods), Ramsden International (wholesale exporter), Larchwood Foods (Cold pressed rape seed oil), The Gourmet Chocolate Pizza (chocolate pizzas? I’ll have to try), Welovemanfood Ltd (luxury chutneys, pickles jellies and jams)
- My contact at UKTI was delighted to tell me: “UKTI has found some wonderful new foods to introduce to Tavola this year. We’re delighted to be hosting an eclectic range of the latest specialty fine foods to come out of the UK creative imagination on our stand 125 in hall 1. Where else would you find delicately spiced vegetarian Indian snacks alongside chocolate pizzas? The cultural mix of the UK reflected in all its multicultural glory. My personal favorite is the chutneys, that terribly English product we adopted from the Indian subcontinent. I also always have time for smoked salmon but look forward to trying the new Scottish cheeses we are showcasing. Now where was that chutney?”
- As networking events, UKTI organizes a business lunch on the 14th and also a cocktail on Sunday 13th after the closing of the first day. So contact them if you’d like to register.
- Le Village Gourmet:
- Organized in partnership by the BEP, Hainaut Développement, IDELUX and the CCILVN, it is the 6th time the Village Gourmet will be presented. You will find it in Hall 4, booth 497.
- Pastificio della Mamma, Salaisons de la Semois, Chocolaterie Bruyerre, Ardenne Volaille, Brasserie Dupont, Microbrasserie de la Principauté, Dezeutter, Fromagerie Vasedel, La Béole, Maison Noirhomme, Marvan Pan, Nonna, Sodial, and one of my favourite Le Domaine du Ry d’Argent (wine, bubbles) will be the companies composing the Village Gourmet.
- One of the attractions on the pavilion will be the presence of the 3D Printer of the Smart Gastronomy Lab on Sunday 13th of March.
- About 21 companies will be represented to showcase various products typical from Wallonia: cheese, meat, beer, and many more
- The visitors will be able to discover the products from: La Ferme des 7 Fontaines, Ferme du Vieux Tilleul, Piron Gotta, Porcs Qualité Ardenne, DHL Group, Confiture l'Ardennaise, Herve Société, Fromagerie Regal, Fromagerie biologique de Vielsalm, Fromagerie des Ardennes, Limousin Bio d’Ardenne, Mathot – Beurre et Fromage de Rochefort, Chasal, Ferme Plaquette, Jambon et Saucisson d’Ardenne, Bister, Café liégeois, Gilfi, Pomfresh, Ferme de Bertinchamps, Brasserie de Bastogne, and The Belgian Connection
- Business France:
- some gourmet products (e.g. foie gras, escargots…), confectionary, meat, …
- You will find these around the booth 426.
Of course next to those pavilions, don’t forget to also visit the pavilions of the region of Kent (UK), Hungary and the many Belgians present.
Tavola, from 13th till 15th of March 2016, Kortrijk Xpo, Kortrijk, Belgium, www.tavola-xpo.be
TavolaKortrijk XpoKortrijkUktiBusiness FranceBepApaqw