A quick look at ProWein 2016
A world event
Once again, for a few days Dusseldorf will become the world’s capital for the wine industry. All professionals of the sector (producers, sommeliers, retailers, agents …) will be able to meet at ProWein 2016 from 13th till 15th of March 2016.
ProWein in Dusseldorf is an event with a world aura. As many events of this kind, ProWein has developed satellites in new markets, and particularly in Asia. So this year, the agenda will feature also ProWein Singapore (in April) and ProWein China in Shanghai (in November 2016).
- 6000 exhibitors from approximately 50 countries
- 52000 visitors are expected
Activities and dedicated spaces at ProWein
- The Prowein Forum: it is the main stage where visitors will attend the biggest tastings and conferences
- The FIZZZ Lounge: in hall 12 visitors will be able to discover the latest cocktail innovations
- Same But Different: an exhibition showing marketing techniques and methods with as theme ‘same but different’
- The Champagne Lounge: where over 25 champagne houses will be present to showcase their bubbles and brands
- …and of course an extensive program of tastings and masterclasses
My 20/CENT on Prowein
Again, I have to salute and applaud the well-designed communication and the agenda. Both follow the trends and I must point out on top that I appreciate the fact that the study published with the help of Wine Intelligence last year, gets a follow-up this year.
Sadly, I have to again miss it this year. It is a shame as I have a major project with a wine producer (exhibiting at Tavola). But choices need to be made.
It is sad as I heard many telling in the wine and spirits industry that ProWein is a great opportunity to develop international business.
ProWein 2016, from 13th till 15th of March 2016, Dusseldorf Messe, Dusseldorf, Germany, www.prowein.com