The digital economy meets in Cologne for DMEXCO 2015
Organized by the Koelnmesse, the Bundesverband Digitale Wirtschaft (German Association for the Digital Economy - BVDW) and with the assistance of OVK (Circle of Online Marketers), dmexco is an international event mixing trade fair and conferences. It aims to present innovative and forward-looking developments and trends of a new digital economy: the digiconomy. Brand innovators, opinion leaders, advertising executives, marketing specialists, startups, and many more professionals will gather on 16th and 17th of September for this event.
This year’s theme is “Bridging Worlds”. dmexco 2015 targets to connect all the world’s of today’s digiconomy.
Christian Muche and Frank Schneider, both from dmexco: “We are convinced that in the future business success will crucially depend on whether companies can combine real and virtual worlds, and digital and analog worlds, with one another and whether they can build a bridge to the consumer of tomorrow. We have therefore set ourselves the following goal for the Expo and Conference of dmexco 2015: to unite all the areas and disciplines of digital business, and thus to create the key bridge into a new digital era for companies. At the dmexco Conference we will bring together the leading thinkers and the most important brands from all of the relevant business segments in one place and under one roof. And we will do this at the highest possible level! Many of the speakers that our visitors and guests will see will be on a European stage for the first time ever.”
Key figures of 2014
In 2014, dmexco attracted:
- 807 Exhibitors from 34 countries
- 31900 trade visitors from 84 countries
- 710000 sq. m. expo surface
- 14400 conference delegates from 100+countries
- 470+ international top speakers
- 200+ hours program
This year’s edition is predicted to be bigger than last year’s with:
- Over 850 exhibitors from all around the world
- On more than 75,000 square meters.
- More than 500 international experts will present over 200 hours of scheduled program on the six stages of the dmexco Conference.
Features not to miss
Obviously, the event’s concept being a mix of conferences and trade fair, you’ll be definitely required to plan carefully and prepare your visit if you don’t want to miss out on good topics, or don’t want to run out of time to check out the booths and pavilions. And this especially since dmexco opens a fourth hall this year (and we all know halls at the Koelnmesse are big ones).
- Exhibitors, booths and pavilions:
- International brands and leading companies such as IBM, Oracle, Axel Springer Media Impact, Bauer Advertising, ForwardAdGroup (Burda), Facebook, Google, …
- Global agency networks including companies such as Carat, Havas Media, MEC, Omnicom Media Group, Plan.Net Gruppe, …
- National pavilions: Switzerland, Austria, and France, …
- The Start-up Village specially designed for young companies
- The Congress Hall
- The TV Studio
- The Broadcasting Area: Companies and media organizations such as the Huffington Post will report directly from the event
- The Girls’ Lounge: all of the sector’s major female players a central and exclusive meeting place for more intensive and meaningful networking in a relaxed atmosphere
- In terms of conferences: Topics are very diverse and all should find something to satisfy their curiosity. One of the focuses of this year is on the increasingly important theme of the “Internet of Things”. Also, creation, storytelling, content will be just a few of the numerous topics presented by speakers or approached during debates and panel discussions.
My 20/CENT will be visiting
The number of events around digital and ecommerce keeps increasing and obviously you need to choose carefully as your agenda can quickly be full. Also, you don’t want to invest a day (or more) into an event that wouldn’t meet your expectations.
Only in August I discovered this event. And as it happened a couple of days before my birthday, I decided to treat myself to a little visit. But I didn’t plan this just as a treat. It will be a first visit for me, and I am convinced it’s going to be worth the investment. The mix of conferences and trade fair made me prepare my visit way in advance. And I have high expectations on the conferences I picked (Internet of things, China’s brands on the global market…). Also I planned my day to have enough time to check out the exhibitors. I am curious to see how companies more service oriented will present themselves. So basically, I expect dmexco to provide a good learning experience.
Ps: For those attending just give me a sign if you want to meet there.
dmexco, from 16th till 17th of September 2015, Koelnmesse, Cologne, Germany, http://dmexco.de/2015/en/Index.htmlCologneKoelnmesseDmexcoDigitalEcommerceTechnologieTrendsTendance