Anuga is coming your way
It was my first
Be prepared, as Anuga, this year’s main event in the food industry, is coming soon. Actually, Anuga is always a bit special for me as it is the first tradeshow I ever visited professionally (its like your first ever sale, or first customer refusing to pay your invoice… you never forget such events). Since my first visit in 2005, a lot has happened of course. For instance, I learned how to cope with the size of such event and how to make it fruitful. I still remember on the way back from my first visit, being exhausted on the train, I told myself that next tradeshow I’d need better preparation…and shoes.
Anyway, the 33rd Anuga will take place as usual in Cologne, from 10th till 14th of October. Here is a preview but more articles will follow till the event, and of course my visit will be punctuated by a report, which I’ll share with you after the event.
Anuga 2015, big as usual
The concept of the show is known, but for the new ones here: Anuga is a very international trade fair attracting all professionals of the food industry. Buyers, agents, retailers, wholesalers, brands, all come to showcase or check out the latest products and trends of the food industry.
Some key figures
To understand when I use the words “big” or “huge”, here is to give you an idea:
- In 2013 the show attracted 155000 visitors of 187 countries (66% of visitors are from outside Germany)
- This year, around 6800 exhibitors are expected, from around 100 countries
- 284000 m2 will be used
- Anuga is actually 10 different trade shows at once: Anuga Fine Food, Anuga Frozen Food, Anuga Meat, Anuga Chilled & Fresh Food, Anuga Dairy, Anuga Bread&Bakery Hot Beverages, Anuga Drinks, Anuga Organic, Anuga Foodservice, and Anuga Retailtec
Highlights and new items of 2015
You can approach the Anuga from the angle of the 10 different tradeshows. Or you can also approach the fair through the angle of themes. For example, you can check out the theme “Vegetarian”, or “Organic”. These different themes are reflected on the website of the show in the search engine. So it allows preparing your visit the way you prefer.
Of course, many different activities will take place during the show, such as cooking demos, seminars, etc. To give you some of them:
- Anuga Chef of the Year: Professional chefs from Germany, Austria, Switzerland and South Tyrol will compete for the title.
- Anuga Pastry Chef of the Year: a competition open to professionals from Germany, Austria, Switzerland and South Tyrol, and also showcasing the experience and knowledge of the baking industry
- Three Special Shows:
- Olive oil Market: the marketing and presentation of olive oil will get a special place
- Organic Market: it’s the tenth edition of this event presenting an extensive offer of organic products for supermarkets.
- Wine Special: a dedicated event for the wine professionals
- Taste15: the award is open to exhibitors, and is often a good opportunity to feel and experience the trends of the industry.
My 20/CENT on Anuga
At the beginning of the article I told you how Anuga was special to me. But that’s not the only reason why since my first visit I never missed an edition of the event. Each time I go it’s an investment of my time that gives me return in two ways. Firstly, I get to learn and witness some of the latest trends of our food industry. And secondly, I always managed to bring business back home. So the return on the investment is there.
I’ll be there for two days and my agenda is not full yet. So if you are going, just give me a sign if you want to meet.
Anuga, from 10th till 14th of October 2015, Koelnmesse, Cologne, Germany, www.anuga.com