Tendence 2015 offers you a preview on the trends of next year
For your Christmas shopping or to see next year’s trends
Yearly, Tendence positions itself as the international consumer-goods fair revolving around the subjects of the home and giving. This year’s edition will take place as usual in Frankfurt am Main from 29th of August till 1st of September. The fair focuses on the mid to high-end market segment, the Christmas trade and the prospects for the coming spring and summer season.
Two main product categories can be distinguished: Giving and Living.
The product group "Giving" is all about gift ideas for the coming Christmas season and for next year's springtime. The offer extends from the classics to more unusual trending products and amusing fast-sellers. To give you a few examples: both genuine and costume jewelry, stylish accessories, high-end plant pots and pot-covers, fashion products and stationery…
In the "Living" section, international exhibitors will be presenting everything from interior design to the latest accessories for the home as well as seasonal decoration ideas. The range of goods includes high-end and traditional furnishing ideas, home textiles and small pieces of furniture as well as lamps, outdoor items and garden accessories
Key figures of 2014
Usually those figures give you a good idea of the size of a fair. In 2014, the show attracted:
- 34.480 visitors (of which 18 % from outside Germany, mainly Europe)
- 1212 exhibitors (of which 37% from outside Germany)
Like any show, Tendence offers various highlights
- Window dressing live: a dedicated space for new ideas for successful shop windows
- FORM 2015: a German design awards existing for over 60 years already
- Home&Trend Award: The neutral decision-making aid for an increased quality of life
- Talents: a space for young talented designers to show their latest creation
- Next: an area for young companies
- BMWi promotional area: a dedicated area for young, innovative companies from Germany
- The Retail Academy: the opportunity for visitors to learn about product presentation and order decisions
- Ecostyle: a show for sustainable consumer goods
My 20/CENT on Tendence
As always I have to be honest here, and I will admit that I never visited the show. And this year will be the same as I have other obligations (I’ll be in Milan for the World Expo). But from what I know I always thought that the communication prior to the event has always been very professionally done. Usually it’s a good sign for a trade fair. But I can also give you the opinions from agents and professionals I know active in the gifts and non-food categories. They consider the fair as a very important one and that the name is indeed adequate. They go there to check out what’s coming next on the shelves and which will be the trends of next year. So for those interested in consumer goods, home, gifting, …I guess it is not a risk to go to the event. It shouldn’t be a waste of your time, on the contrary.
Tendence, From 29th of August till 1st of September, Frankfurt am Main, Germany, http://tendence.messefrankfurt.com/frankfurt/en/besucher/willkommen.html
Frankfurt Am MainTendenceGiftLivingConsumer GoodsTrendsTendanceGermany